PHP & MYSQL Course Gauteng
PHP Course Johannesburg – Overview
PHP with MySQL
In this PHP and MySQL course in Gauteng you will learn all the important aspects of developing dynamic content for websites. You will learn how to code PHP and manage forms. You will also learn how to interact with databases using PHP. Finally we will look at how to implement PHP code into a website.
You will start by learning the syntax (the way we write the code) of PHP and all the basic functions. You will then learn more advanced PHP techniques and how to use it to build advanced websites.
You will also learn how to work with MySQL and connect to databases using PHP. As with all our courses, this PHP course in Gauteng will be practical, step-by-step instructions. You will actually build something while learning PHP and MySQL. This course will cover all the basics and more advanced techniques. The course is easy to follow and grasp.
PHP is a powerful, free server-side language which is relatively easy to learn for those who have never programmed before. PHP and MySQL are a cost-effective but powerful solution to building database driven Websites which can be developed and deployed on either Windows or Unix(Linux)servers.
Who is this course for?
This PHP course is aimed at developers and designers who need to learn the latest PHP coding conventions and techniques. All the examples are based around the Object Oriented nature of PHP 5 to 7.2 and best practice is encouraged throughout. Anyone wanting to learn the power behind PHP and MySQL.
What you will Learn
- Installing a Local Web Server
- Installing PHP, MySQL and Apache
- PHP Syntax
- PHP Functions
- Working with PHP in Websites
- Creating Databases
- Working With MySQL
- Security in PHP
- Much More – View All subjects below.
PHP & MySQL Course Subjects
Introduction to PHP
- Why choose PHP/MySQL/Apache
- PHP’s purpose and capabilities
- Server Side Vs. Client Side Scripting
- What PHP looks like – Basic structure
- Setting your development environment up with your testing server
- Testing PHP installations in your server
- Which servers can use php
- Where to write the php code and using which applications
- Language Basics
Structure and Syntax
- Data Types in PHP
- Using Variables and Constants
- Processing data using operators
- Understanding Arrays
- Working with combinations of Data Types, Variables and Arrays
- Multi-dimensional arrays
- Getting data out of arrays
- Array operations
- Deleting elements within an array
- More Arrays
- key sort
- Stacks and Queues
- Variables and string combined
- Escaping literal values
- search and replace
- Giving your code life – Control Structures
Conditional decision making – if, else, and elseif
- True, false, and evaluation of expressions
- Multiple and nested conditions
- Short Circuit Evaluation – break and continue
- The ‘?’ Operator
- Decision making using the switch statement
- Iterations using while, do…while, for and for each loops
- Iterating through an array
- Terminating code using exit, return, and die
- Creating Dynamic Web Content
Embedding PHP in Web pages
- Retrieving user input through forms, using the GET and POST method
- Handling the date and time
- Dynamically including code using include and require
- mail and php
- Using PHP’s built-in functions
- Generating random numbers
- Creating custom functions
Why write your own functions
- Syntax for defining a function
- Variable scope, and the global statement
- Adding in function parameters
- Return values from functions
- Objects and Classes
- Visibility & Scope
- Introduction to Databases
Why use a database – The three-tier architecture approach
- Introducing MySQL and PHPMyAdmin
- Understanding the database structure
- Creating a simple database
- Basic SQL commands
- Making PHP and MySQL work for each other
Connecting to the database
- Displaying database content through PHP
- Inserting and deleting data into the Database
- Updating data in the Database
- Security considerations
WHY STUDY WITH US
- You can always sit in for the same PHP and MySQL course in Gauteng again at any time within a year for free.
- Our courses are practical – The best way to learn
- Get a great PHP Development Course in Johannesburg / Pretoria
- Our Tutors share their 13 years experience and best practices, something you won’t get anywhere else.
Supplied Course Materials
For this PHP & MySQL Course in Gauteng we supply detailed course notes and reference text. We try to provide sufficient supporting material so that you can return to your work place with sufficient confidence to permit further learning. You also get all course activity and files on a DVD disc at the end of your PHP Course.
Ongoing Student Support
There is nothing worse than leaving a course and feeling left on your own. We like to ensure our customers have all the support and backup they need which includes 90 days unlimited support by phone or email. You also get lifetime support through our Resource Centre. For the PHP Course in Johannesburg you can also sit in again for the same course if you feel you need a refresher.
We look after our students:
We provide water, coffee & tea throughout the day. You can even have your coffee at your desk.
You also get
- A start to a great portfolio
- A great PHP & MySQL Course in Gauteng
- A great collection of PHP & MySQL Books
- A certificate of completion.
- Access to our resource website with free stock images, tutorials and code examples.